Friday, January 4, 2013

No Knead Bread

So my project for the last 24 hours has been no-knead bread.  I used the recipe from here.


It was actually very easy, though since I'm not used to taking as many pictures of my cooking anymore, I don't have pictures of every step.

Here's what the dough looked like after sitting for 18 hours:



This is what it looked like set up for the final 2 hour rising:



In the dutch oven:



And out cooling on the rack:


It was really fun to make and a lot easier then I thought it would be.  The only reason this recipe takes so long is because it has to sit for 12-18 hours at first, then 2 hours again. One thing to point out is that if you don't like a really crusty bread, then you won't like this.  And be more sparing with the flour on your towels during the final rising phase then I was.  Otherwise, you end up having to brush flour off of the final product (as seen in the final picture).  That's all the flour I could get off of mine.  Next time I think I'll use oatmeal for a chewy texture.  It is really soft and tasty inside though.  A perfect match for the beef stew that we had with it tonight.

Have a Blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment